“SHODO (Japanese Calligraphy)" experience class in Tokyo
Enjoy wonderful Japanese cultural experience
- Hana "SHODO (Japanese Calligraphy)" class offers a 2-hours special class for you to experience Japanese culture art “SHODO” in Tokyo.
- “SHO” means “writing” and “DO” means the way, often used to describe the art which takes time to master. “SHODO” is the cultural art of writing letters beautifully with brush, ink and spirit.
- The teacher Hana is passionate about teaching "SHODO" and introducing the beauty of it to the world.
- We are locating in Toritsu Daigaku which is 15mins away from Shibuya station. (3mins walk from Toritsu daigaku station which is only 10mins away from Shibuya station by Tokyu Toyoko line.)
- This class will make your stay and experience in Japan even richer and more Japanesey !
Class : 2-hours with max 6 persons. You can experience all of the following
- Learn about the basic of SHODO such as history, tools and Japanese characters.
- Learn how to use tools and how to write basic strokes.
- Practice writing your name or a word you like in Kanji (Chinese character). We will translate the word to Japanese for you.
- Enjoy Japanese sweets and green tea.
- Have a seal stamp of you name in Hiragana (Japanese character) as a gift from us. You can stamp it on your work right away.
- Paste your work on “Kari-maki” (Hanging scroll) to make it very professional art work !
- JPY 4,000/person for a group of 2-4 persons.
- JPY 3,500/person for a group of 5-6 persons.
- Saturday : 14:00-16:00, 16:30-18:30
- Please check the calendar below for availability.
- Address : 2-12-5, Nakane, Meguro city, Tokyo
- 3 mins walk from Toritsu Daigaku station which is only 10 mins away from Shibuya station by Tokyu Toyoko line.
- Started "SHODO" at the age of 6.
- Have been mentored by Yusui Sugiyama at Wasuijuku since 2011.
- “ It would be wonderful if many people have chances to experience “SHODO” and see the beauty of it. Furthermore, it would be even more wonderful if you could know more about "Japan" thorough that experience. Hope to see you in the class !!"
Hana (Suika Omori)
Contact and Booking
- Please fill in the inquiry form below.
- Inquiry via e-mail is also welcome. E-mail : email@example.com
- Please let us know below information for a booking.
- Your desired date and time (1st preference)
- Your desired date and time (2nd preference)
- Number of people
- Private policy is applied.
- * Required field.